Tranparency is important to us. That's why we joined the Initiative Transparency International Deutschland e.V.. We commit to provide the following ten pieces of information to the public and keep them up-to-date.
- 1. Name, domicile, address and year of foundation
- 2. Full statutes and information about the goals of our organization
- Statute of the zis Stiftung für Studienreisen (DE)
- The basic idea and the offer of the zis scholarship program aim at encouraging young people regardless of gender, nationality, religion, education or material living conditions to study topics and regions that are new to them, to implement their own goals and to set themselves goals to prove it.
- This provides an incentive for adolescents to undertake a venture that requires initiative, self-reliance, diligence, perseverance, empathy, to discover themselve and humanity, as well as practice it.
- It is important that a large number of zis alumni remain connected to the zis idea and its realization. So they are involved in selection, mentoring and jury, as well as in advertising and public relations. They convey their experiences and experiences to new generations of travelers. In return, they get an insight into the view of young zis travelers to the world and get to know the mentoring as an educational challenge.
- 3. Information on tax shelter
Because of the promotion of education, promotion of education and vocational training and student assistance and according to the notice of exemption respectively according to the attachment to the corporate tax assessment of the tax office Überlingen, StNr. 87081/07626 from 24.02.2022 for the last assessment period 2018 to 2020 according to § 5 para. 1 no. 9 of the Corporation Tax Act our work is exempted from corporation tax and according to § 3 no. 6 of the Gewerbesteuergesetz (German Business Tax Act) from trade tax.
- 4. Name and function of key decision makers
Board of directors:
- Rüdiger Freiherr von Fritsch, 1. Chairman
- Dr. Nina Stoffers, 2. Chairman
- Regina Schütt, Head of the jury
- Victoria Simons, Secretary
- Dominic Schaffner, Treasurer
- Fabian Hennig, 1. Assessor
- Angelika Reuter, 2. Assessor
- Gregor Bös, 3. Assessor
- Prof. Dr. Petra Denk
- Nina Haverkamp
- Michel Larguier
- Rainer Linke
- Dr. Ruprecht Poensgen
- Dr. Martin Prager
Head of the office:
- Judith Feeser
- 5. Activity Report
- 6. Personnel Structure
- 7. Information on source of funds and 8. information on the use of funds
Source of funds
7.1 Foundation assets
The zis Stiftung für Studienreisen has a foundation capital of € 390.000. This amount is invested 50% in bonds and 50% in a sustainable asset management mandate of Bethmannbank. The resulting income (in 2021: € 4.166) will be used in accordance with the purpose of the foundation.
In addition, the Friedrich Karl Klausing Foundation has endowment assets of € 1.050.000 (2021) in a sustainable asset management mandate of Bethmannbank. The resulting income (in 2021: € 8.000) and any donations to this foundation (in 2021: € 0) will also go to the zis Srtiftung for use of funds according to the purpose of the foundation.
7.2 Contributions from institutional donors
Each year, the zis Stiftung für Studienreisen receives donations from several foundations that have a similar foundation purpose as zis. These included in 2021: Amanda und Erich Neumayer-Stiftung (€ 24.300), Silvius and Esther Dornier Foundation (€ 10.000).
7.3 Donations from private donors
On the one hand, zis receives annual donations from members of its circle of friends, as well as grants from other private individuals in variable amounts (in 2021: € 21.665).
- 9. Corporate affiliation with third parties
- Friedrich Karl Klausing Foundation: There is an independent sub-foundation of the zis Stiftung für Studienreisen, the Friedrich Karl Klausig Foundation. The Friedrich Klausing Foundation is managed by the zis Stiftung für Studienreisen and is represented by the latter in legal and business transactions. The proceeds will go in full to the scholarships of the zis Stiftung für Studienreisen. Additionally the bookprizes of the zis Stiftung für Studienreisen are financed by it.
- Further sponsors and partners can be found under "Cooperations & Partners" and "Sponsors" (on the german page only).
- 10. Names of legal persons whose annual payments account for more than 10% of the total annual budget